Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend Getaway!

Lucy Jane's first time at the Beach


 chilling in the sand with one of my dear friends Katie Reeser
 First Family Beach Picture
 Justin's way of not getting burnt
 Miss Ashtan with Lucy Jane
 The couple's first dance
 The Powell's and Us
 Their absolutely beautiful wedding cake!
 With the bride and groom...David's making a lovely face :)

 My handy dandy man fixing the stereo at the lake house
 The beauitful view
 Lucy Jane taking a bath
 her scared look
 Miss Emily and Lucy
 Preston and Dustin
 Fishing and hanging out on the doc

 Christian got pushed in
 taking a swim in the lake :)


 So we seriously had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend! It was a blast! Friday we headed down to Charleston for one of my good friends David Goltra's Wedding. Friday night we hung out with some of my old friends and Justin's old friends that now live down in Charleston. We played games and had a blast catching up! Saturday morning we hit up the beach at my favorite place Isle of Palms. It was a mad house though being a holiday weekend and all, but I still purely loved sticking my toes in the sand and getting my pasty white skin a smige burnt (we are big time sun block peeps). My friends Katie and Jenny came with us to soak up the sun and hang out a bit more! After that we went back, showered, cleaned up and headed down to the beautiful Wedding Reception held at The Mill House Hotel in Downtown Charleston.....love that place! Seriously so gorgeous! It was great to see Dave and his new beautiful bride Lindsay! I loved seeing so many old friends there that I still stay in contact with over the years! I was in pure heaven when I got to go to the my favorite Candy Store in Charleston and get a taste of the wonderful homemade pralins and bear claws! You just cant beat it! After the reception Saturday night we headed up to my parents Lake House in Camden, SC and spent the rest of the weekend there! Loved soaking in the sun once more to get this pasty girl some color! We took Lucy Jane out on the lake and she didn't like the temperature of the water too much but she was a trooper. There was a big group of us down there. Some of my parents friends and our friends the Roundy's came down to spend the Holiday with us. We really enjoyed ourselves. I wish the weekend didn't have to come to an end...it was such a blast and I wish I was still sitting  by the ocean or on the dock of the lake, or even enjoying a nice boat ride with the lovely wind blowing in my hair. Anyways back to reality we go! But to end this, I am grateful to live in this country with the freedom we have today and for those who risk their lives daily for it. Thank you to all that serve in the Military! You are truly an honor! GOD BLESS YOU! HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY YALL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment